You can redirect your mail by lodging an application at your local post office, or you can lodge online.
Our contact list is very thorough, so take the time to go through it carefully. Also, spend some time over the following days thinking and noting down anyone particular to your situation that may not be on the list.
Where applicable, ask these companies and institutions for referrals to branches or offices in your new area, it may save you a lot time.
- All your bank, credit unions and building society accounts
- Credit cards and store cards
- Investment accounts
- Companies with which you have hire, lease or purchase agreements (your car, motorbike, etc.)
- Government support agencies, Centrelink, pensions and benefits
- Australian Tax office and Australian Electoral Commission
- Life, income, car, contents, building and other insurance
- Medicare, private health, hospital
- Financial planner, MyBudget
- Solicitor, accountant
- Austar or Foxtel
- Schools. Do you need to make enquiries about a new school
Interstate removals can be painful if you forget these!
- Home loan provider and stock broker
- Registration and licensing, courts
- Employers (check that they notify your super fund and WorkCover)
- Sport, social and hobby clubs
- Deliveries such as groceries, newspapers, magazines and other subscriptions
- Pre-booked maintenance such as lawn and garden care, pool cleaners and house cleaners
- Gym, library and frequent flyer providers
- Security company
- Online memberships such as eBay, PayPal, Facebook, Amazon
- Let us know your moving date so we can arrange your must-have Day Before You Move and Moving Day checklists.
- Doctor, dentist
- Naturopath, chiropractor, therapist
- School, preschool, child Care, TAFE, university
- Specialists, special care
Once you have notified everyone you need to, you are well on your way to a stress-free, successful move. Well done and congratulations! We make a great team!
If you missed it, we recommend you check out part 3 of the interstate moving checklist, it covers:
- Utilities disconnections and connections made very easy!
- Maximising sale price of your home or bond return
- Your all important Survival Kit
or keep going and Check out part 5 of the checklist of the moving checklist which covers
- Dumping unwanted goods
- Eating pantries
- Accommodation whilst moving
- Kids and pets
- Flammables &
- Packing materials
Alternatively, you may like to start at part 1 of the interstate moving checklist and work through all 8 parts.
Posted by: Corey Smith